Enter up Tuesday June 2, 2020 for the first Carbondale Wild West Rodeo of season on June 4, 2020
All Competitors for the first CWWR of the 2020 season June 4th, Must Enter up on June 2nd, 6:00-8:00pm via phone. All events except for the calf scramble must call in to enter up for the first rodeo of the season. Calf Scramble participants can sign up the night of the rodeo. Entry number is 970-923-9270.
Junior and Open Barrels Rule Change -- Effective July 23, 2015. Junior age barrel racers can enter the Open Barrels but cannot enter both the Junior and Open Barrels in the same rodeo.
How to Register
Call-ins will be from 6:00pm – 8:00pm each Tuesday, starting June 2, 2020. The entry phone number is 970-923-9270 which is the same as Snowmass Rodeo. For entries after the first rodeo, your event may require phone entry throughout the rodeo season or pre-sign up sheet, at the previous week's rodeo. Bull Riders, Bronc Riders, Steer Riders and Mutton busters must use the call-in line every week. Open and junior barrel racers who did not compete the previous week and sign up must use the call-in line.
You are required to complete a waiver form before your first competition. It is extremely helpful and keeps the line from being too long at the first rodeo if you will download the printable form, fill it out and bring it to your first rodeo of the season. Clink on this link - Waiver Agreement
On the evening of the Rodeo, there will be a sign-in sheet for ONLY the next week’s rodeo. Contestants may register on rodeo night at the rodeo grounds for the performance next week for all events EXCEPT Mutton busting.
Ropers – you will need to make sure who you are roping with prior to calling or signing up for the next week’s rodeo. On the night of the rodeo, team ropers, dally ribbon ropers and barrel racers must pay by 5:30 pm and all other contestants must pay by 7:15pm.
Contestant check in times the night of the performance are as follows:
• Bulls 7:00 pm
• Team roping and dally ribbon ropers and barrel racers 5:30 pm
• All others by 7:15 pm sharp -- including Mutton Busters!
To Check – In, please see Katie Ford, Carbondale Rodeo Secretary , at the Secretary’s Window
2020 (Tentative) Entry Fees (CWWRA reserves the right to raise entry fees as deemed necessary.)
Entry Fees are as follows:
- Bull Riding - $50
- Junior Bull Riding - $30
- Steer Riding - $25
- Team Roping- $30 per person ($60 per team)
- Ranch Bronc Riding - $50
- Ladies Breakaway Roping - $40
- Junior Breakaway Roping - $20
- Dally Ribbon Roping - $25 per person ($50 per team)
- Open Barrel Racing - $40
- Junior Barrel Racing - $20 (*Note: Junior Barrel Racing is for contestants 13 and under as of June 4, 2020. This has been a rule change since June 10, 2014. Contestants whose 14th birthday falls after June 4, 2020 will be allowed to finish out the series. Another Rule change as of July 23, 2015 -- Junior age barrel racers can enter the Open Barrels but cannot enter both the Junior and Open Barrels in the same rodeo.)
- Steer Riding $25
- Cowhide Race - $20 per team -- age to participate lowered to 14 effective beginning at July 9, 2015 Carbondale Wild West Rodeo